New Whirlpool Smart Over The Range Microwave Features Scan-to-Cook Technology
Care is keeping it simple. The Whirlpool Smart Over the Range Microwave with Scan-to-Cook Technology includes features to help families better customize and multi-task during meal preparation. With Scan-to-Cook technology, families can eliminate the guesswork and get the right frozen food settings every time. The technology allows families to simply scan thousands of frozen food barcodes with a smartphone or tablet and send recommended cooking instructions straight to the microwave. Coming in Spring 2018, consumers will be able to create memorable meals with ease in True Convection Bake mode by connecting the smart microwave to the Yummly recipe app. Families can also make quicker decisions with a touchscreen featuring customized settings based on each family's unique routine.
"Between piano lessons, soccer practice and homework help, it can be hard to focus on getting dinner on the table," said Jennifer Tayebi, communications brand manager, Whirlpool brand. "Our new smart microwave includes features to help families better multi-task and even avoid cooking mishaps."
Smarter Meal Preparation with Yummly: Coming in Spring 2018, when cooking in True Convection Bake Mode, families will be able to control the smart microwave through the Yummly recipe app to integrate recipes and cooking functionality into one platform. Just select from a database of curated recipes and send the cooking instructions straight to the appliance.
Whirlpool Smart Over the Range Microwave features include:
- Smarter Meal Preparation with Yummly: Coming in Spring 2018, when cooking in True Convection Bake Mode, families will be able to control the smart microwave through the Yummly recipe app to integrate recipes and cooking functionality into one platform. Just select from a database of curated recipes and send the cooking instructions straight to the appliance. The instructions include everything from temperature adjustments to power instructions to timing and the Yummly functionality within the app will also take users through a step-by-step process – including images and video – to guide consumers on exactly how to prepare that item.
- Voice Control: Sync the appliance with the Google Assistant or Amazon Echo or Echo Dot to control the appliance with simple voice commands.
- Scan-to-Cook: Scan-to-Cook technology will help ensure the right settings every time families prepare a frozen food meal. Just scan the UPC barcode on select frozen food packages in the Whirlpool mobile app and the Scan-to-Cook technology will send the right directions, temperature and cooking time settings straight to the appliance. To get the lasagna a little crispier next time, customize the Scan-to-Cook settings to remember specific preferences.
- Touchscreen: The smart microwave's touchscreen learns, adapts and suggests customized presets based on a family's routines. The dynamic system tracks preferences to learn family favorites – from what families cook, when they cook and how they cook. Hands dirty from dinner prep and don't want to spread the mess? When the smart microwave is in a cooking mode, the proximity sensor adjusts the size of the display depending on if the family member is nearby or far away.
- Multi-Step Cooking: Families can also use smartphones or tablets to send multiple cooking instructions to the microwave all at once. The cook power or temperature automatically adjusts based on the recipe for great results without having to monitor meals from the kitchen.
- Remote Start: Start dinner on the go by using a smartphone or tablet to remotely turn on the microwave.
The Whirlpool Smart Over the Range Microwave with Scan-to-Cook Technology will be available in three finishes: Fingerprint Resistant Stainless Steel, Fingerprint Resistant Black Stainless Steel and Fingerprint Resistant Sunset Bronze, starting in Spring 2018.
- Jan 8, 2018
Whirlpool Smart Front Control Range: Now With Voice ControlCare is unpredictable. That's why the Whirlpool Smart Front Control Range is designed to cut out routine steps to get dinner on the table quickly, allowing families to care smarter for their loved ones. Smarter Meal Preparation with Yummly: Coming in Spring 2018, families will be able to control the smart range through the Yummly recipe app to integrate recipes and cooking functionality into one platform...
- Jan 5, 2016
Whirlpool Reveals Smart French Door RefrigeratorCompletely and intuitively re-imagined on the inside, the pantry-inspired layout in the Whirlpool Smart French Door Refrigerator is designed to use space more efficiently with a unique shelving system for families to fit and find all their edible favorites, making it the easiest refrigerator to organize. "Based on global food trends and family observations about how they store food, a team of Whirlpool consumer researchers, designers and product engineers helped design an interior space that moves the least-used, small items out of the way to create easier access to larger items, improves visibility of all items and reduces the need for re-shuffling."..
- Mar 3, 2014
Whirlpool Debuts 1.9 cu. ft. Over the Range Microwave with TimeSavor Plus True Convection FeaturesIt has happened before—a cozy movie night at home has been spoiled by a burnt bag of microwave popcorn. ..
- Oct 7, 2013
New Whirlpool 4-Door Refrigerator WRX988SIB Offers Space To Store AllAccording to a recent study conducted by Whirlpool Corporation, preparing enjoyable meals is the most important goal in meal preparation amongst households. FreshStor refrigerated drawer: Put frequently used items in easy reach with a true refrigerated drawer...
- Jan 8, 2013
Whirlpool Showcases Kitchen Of The FutureWhen Whirlpool brand looks at the kitchen of the future, it keeps consumers' needs at the forefront of product development. "Whether that's appliances that connect to the grid and keep consumers alerted to the appliance's status or energy usage, or concepts that explore future living trends and pioneering evolutions in design, food and sustainability, we're committed to advancing our technology in ways consumers want and need."..